An Update this Christmas
As many in our community are celebrating Christmas, a season of giving, I would like to share what your partnership has made possible the first half of the school year. Together, we have expanded The Sheridan Story’s impact in remarkable ways. This is a great time to pause, celebrate, and thank God!
Below is a list of our key accomplishments in Fall 2013:
- The Sheridan Story network grew by adding three additional school partnerships, for a total of five.
- We distributed 16,300 meals, over 10,000 more than the 6,200 we distributed in Fall of 2012.
- Our first-ever benefit event, a sold-out concert featuring Grammy-award winner Dan Wilson, was a huge success, raising $30,000 to fight child hunger.
- We formed a strong partnership with the Minneapolis Public School Nutrition Center, enabling our use of their facilities for storage and their trucks for deliveries.
- We successfully completed the long process of attaining our 501(c)(3) determination from the federal government.
While Fall of 2013 brought impressive growth to The Sheridan Story, this is just the beginning. We have worked hard behind the scenes to ensure that Spring of 2014 will allow us to impact our community in even greater ways. I am excited and honored to have each of you on the team as we fight child hunger in the Twin Cities!
Thank you for your partnership, and Merry Christmas!
The Sheridan Story
P.S. As you gather with others this Christmas season and are asked what you’ve been up to this year, consider sharing how you have joined the fight against child hunger. Most people don’t know there are over 100,000 kids in the Twin Cities who live in food insecurity. Help us educate and equip others to make a difference.